In today’s ever-changing, always-moving society, it’s rare that someone doesn’t have to travel for work from time to time. For those of you that are on the road more than you’re at your desk, it can be tricky to keep track of everything while working out-of-pocket.
No need to worry, though, because app creators have taken notice. There are numerous apps out there built specifically to make life easier on the mobile businessman or businesswoman.
Top 8 Mobile Apps for Business On The Go:
- Card Munch – Overwhelmed by the number of business cards you collect at networking events or trade shows? Using Card Munch you can snap a picture of the card and automatically store the information as a new contact on your iPhone.
- Hootsuite – This Twitter app allows you to easily navigate various streams, schedule tweets and Facebook posts, update multiple accounts at once and track statistics. Available for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry users.
- Evernote – Simplify note-taking by snapping photos, recording voice notes, typing a reminder or even grabbing a screenshot. Evernote can organize it all for you and make it searchable (even hand-written text in images!).
- Tripit – Don’t miss a flight or show up at the wrong hotel anymore. Send confirmation emails to Tripit directly from your inbox and it will organize the information to create an itinerary for you.
- Basecamp – Does your company use Basecamp? If so, you can also use it on your phone—No need to install an app. Point your mobile browser to basecamphq.com and use the site in a simplified, perfect-for-small-screens, full Bascecamp experience.
- Dragon Dictation – This voice recognition app instantly translates your voice into text for anyting from emails and blog posts to texts messages and social networking updates.
- My Eyes Only – Secure sensitive business data (passwords, financial info, credit card numbers) on your iPhone or iPad. The encrypted data is protected by a password.
- Taxi Magic — Connect directly with local cab dispatch systems. No need to make a phone call—you’re just a few taps away from a taxi ride in all major cities. You can even pay your fare from the app! Available on iPhone, Android and BlackBerry.
And, of course, while you’re on the go, the last thing you want to do is lose your phone. Let’s be honest, it’s pretty much your brain while on a business trip. So before you head out on your next business adventure, make sure you have a ZOMM Wireless Leash synced to your phone, so you’ll never have to worry about losing that phone again!
What’s your favorite app for business trips?