It seems that as soon as Apple releases a new iPhone, the whole world almost immediately begins speculating on the next generation iPhone. What will it look like? What will it do? How soon can we have it? And exactly how much will it cost?
With only five (speculated) months separating us from the iPhone 5, let’s take a look at the top five rumors circulating about the next-gen iPhone, countdown style.
5. Bigger is not always better when it comes to cell phone technology, but apparently it is with the iPhone 5. Rumor has it the iPhone 5 may feature up to a 4.6-inch screen, compared to its predecessors’ 3.5-inch screens.
4. Of course, better is always better. The new iPhone 5 will supposedly operate on the better, faster 4G LTE network.
3. Bigger, better, and totally different. Some speculate that Apple is testing its iPhone 5 prototypes in the iPhone 4 and 4s case to avoid leaks. They believe the actual iPhone5 will take on a completely redesigned and positively mysterious form.
2. While the screen may be bigger, the docking port may be smaller. According to some speculators, this “miniaturized dock connector” will free up space in the iPhone for “other components.”
1. Our #1 rumor about the iPhone 5 is that it will be made of Liquidmetal! Sounds very space age, right? Liquidmetal or “amorphous metal alloy” is described as a “metallic glass” and should be thinner, lighter, and tougher. Sounds good to us!
Planning on investing in the next iPhone? Don’t forget to protect your investment with a Wireless Leash (and accompanying iPhone app)—because nothing’s worse than a really cool phone…lost.
What’s your favorite rumor circulating about the iPhone 5?