PEW recently did a study on Americans and their use of cell phones. The results are interesting, although not all that surprising. We’ve condensed the report into our seven favorite facts, and made them perfectly tweetable for you!
Which fact do you find the most interesting? Click the link after it to automatically tweet it!
- 40% of mobile phone owners have found their phone helpful in an emergency situation. [Tweet]
- Sometimes we need a break. 29% of Americans turn their cell phone off just to take a break from it. [Tweet]
- 27% of Americans have had trouble doing something in the last month because they did not have their cell phone at hand. [Tweet]
- Do you take photos or send text message with your phone? You’re not alone—so do 90% of American smartphone owners. [Tweet]
- Bored no more: 42% of Americans have used their phone to defeat boredom. [Tweet]
- 44% of phone owners (cell or smart) use their mobile to access the World Wide Web. [Tweet]
- Cell phones allow us to avoid human interaction—13% of owners have used a phone to avoid awkward situations. [Tweet]
Did any of these facts surprise you?